To say there is a lot going on in Ambler this month would surely be an understatement! You can always find out what’s happening in Ambler by checking the event calendar, but as October is so action packed, I thought I’d prepare a little summary below. Hope to see you in town!
Friday, October 5- If there were anymore packed into one night, it could be a crime…
- First Friday: Downtown, 6pm – 9pm, and beyond for some! This is the final First Friday of 2012 and it is sure to go out with a bang! Tons to do including a town wide scavenger hunt with a grand prize of an Ambler gift basket filled with $350 worth of local, Ambler, gift certificates. Fun filled Kids Zone at the corner of Lindenwold and Butler, fabulous merchant specials, live music, great food and more! www.FirstFridaysinAmbler.com
- Fashion For A Cause – Ambler’s Night of Giving Big: Several Ambler businesses have come together to organize and host a fantastic fundraiser that has already brought in close to $20,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southeastern Pennsylvania!!! The fundraising culminates in the big event, Friday night, Fashion For a Cause, which is a full scale fashion show. The evening opens with a cocktail hour, then the fashion show complete with catwalk and all the accoutrement including a dance performance on Cavalier Drive, then finishes with an after party and silent auction. I’m happy to report that this event is sold out, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this may become an annual event, so be on the lookout next year! www.AmblerGives.com
- Cornerstone Church Music Concert and Art Exhibit: You can expect an evening of Chopin, Devienne, Fauré, Schubert and Schumann featuring pianist John Silva, flutist Sarah McGahey and vocalist Lindsay Padden. Doors open at 6:30pm to see the exhibit and the music begins at 7:30pm at their location across from the post office (211 W. Butler Ave.).
- Caffe Maida Grand Re-Opening: They will be celebrating all weekend long, but the festivities kick off Friday at 6pm. They will host live music, tastings, giveaways and drink specials, and also unveil their new menu!
Saturday, October 6
- Oktoberfest: Downtown, Butler Ave and beyond, 10am – 5pm. Ambler is celebrating its 22nd Oktoberfest this year, and as always, it promises to be a good time for all ages! You will find great food, games and rides for kids, arts and crafts, live music and more! In the true spirit of an Oktoberfest, Dettera will setup street-side serving bratwurst and select Oktoberfest beers, also Forest & Main is opening early at noon and will have live music, tasty food and of course, beer.
- Sweet Briar Cafe Grand Opening: After taking over Coneheads this past May, Sweet Briar is ready to celebrate their Grand Opening complete with live music and tasty treats including fun seasonal items like Franks n Steins (hot dogs and root beer floats).
Friday, October 12
- Rock ‘N Roll on the Patio: Trax Restaurant and Cafe, 8:30 – 11pm. Come get your groove and your grub on outdoors at Trax. Out of Order gets rocking at 8:30pm on the patio and at 9:30pm Chef Waxman will offer a special grilling menu. The event is rain or shine and guests are encouraged to bring blankets and chairs for lawn seating. Don’t forget, Trax is BYOB!
Tuesday, October 16
- Le Mode de L’Automne: Massa, 6 – 9pm. Sew Vintage and Massa have teamed up to bring Ambler a fantastic night! Massa is opening up for an exclusive dinner and fashion show featuring the new fall line at Sew Vintage. The night begins with complimentary cocktails from 6-6:30pm, a delicious prix-fixe dinner begins at 6:30pm and the fall line is unveiled at 6:45pm.
Thursday, October 18
- Ambler Food Co-op Community Meeting: Ambler Theater, 7 – 8:30pm. Find out what progress the Ambler Food Co-op has made since the last community meeting in January as well as what you can expect going forward. Join us for an informative evening and help bring a Member Owned Grocery Store to Ambler!
Saturday, October 20
- Donate and Save Day: Cavalry United Methodist, 16 Park Ave., 9am -12pm. October 20th is Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Donate and Save Day and Cavalry is having a donation day for IMPACT! in their church parking lot. Come do your part and bring your gently used items. As if that isn’t enough, participants will receive coupons for special discounts in and around Ambler!
Thursday, October 25
- Chef’s Harvest Tasting in the Alley: 6:30pm, Dettera. Join Chef Jeffery Power at Dettera for a 10-course Harvest Feast, featuring freshly caught fish, pedigree meats and fowl paired with composed fall vegetables and served with five exquisite wine pairings in their beautiful outdoor alley. Reservations are required, (215)643-0111.
Saturday, October 27
- Natalie’s Boob-ie Bash: Ambler Fire House, 6 10pm. Fundraiser to support longtime Ambler resident, Natalie Andia. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a double mastectomy, this event is an effort to relieve Natalie of the financial hardships she will incur while out of work receiving treatment. Tickets to the event are $30 which includes entry, food, beer and soda, music, raffles, and a silent auction.
Wednesday, October 31
- Attack of the Giant Leeches Halloween Party: Ambler Theater, 7pm. If you’re not planning to trick or treat in town, then there’s no other place you should be on Halloween! The costume party, complete with drinks from Forest & Main, begins at 7pm, the bash also features a live act by Yes, Hello! (Ambler sketch comedy troupe) and a screening of Attack of the Giant Leeches with live musical accompaniment from the local band, Agent Moosehead.
Whew, you better clear your calendar! Happy Fall 🙂